Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) has proposed a new design for the reconstruction of the historic Cr adock Bridge in Medford Square. The new development is supposed to decreases chances of flooding in Arlington. The new design is scheduled to be presented on 2nd April, at theÂ Â Medford City Council by MassDOT officials. Â The Medford legislative delegation and Mayor Michael McGlynn were pleased to announce the introduction of the bridge reconstruction plan.
Major aspects of the project
- Two be completed in 3.5 years
- To be re-designed and not re-constructed from scratch.
- will not disrupt traffic through out the project period.
- A temporary bridge will allow traffic to flow in both directions while the main bridge is repaired.
- This will reduce flooding and promote transportation in Medford and Arlington.
Read more:Â New Medford project design – wickedlocal.comÂ